In my writings about “Great Moments in Foreign Government,” I’ve come across amazing examples of bone-headed and incompetent behavior by politicians and bureaucrats in other nations.
- The British government giving welfare to people with multiple wives.
- The German government having a jihadist working in one of its intelligence agencies.
- The Italian government appointing the wrong person for a job that shouldn’t exist.
- The Norwegian government financing friends for a mass murderer.
- The Greek government turning tourists into snoops for the tax police.
- The French government ordering trains that were too wide for railway stations.
- The Japanese government persecuting people for the horrible crime of giving unlicensed coffee enemas.
- The British government providing welfare payments for foreigners living in other countries.
- The German government spending more to administer a tax than it gets from collecting the tax.
Let’s add to this collection with three new stories about failures by foreign governments.
View original post 744 more words